A PROJECT OF THE County of San Diego Health & Human Services Agency

Need Financial Assistance?

If you are terminated or laid off from your job, you may be eligible for State Unemployment Benefits. Call the Employment Development Department (EDD) Unemployment Insurance Office 1-800-300-5616 or go on line to http://www.edd.ca.gov/Unemployment/

If you lost your job because of a job related illness or injury, you may be eligible for Workers Compensation. Call State Industrial Relations Department (619) 767-2081 or go on line to http://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/

What if I have no Income?

If you have no income and are unable to work, the most immediate help can be found by calling or visiting a County Health & Human Services Family Resource Center. Staff there can help you determine your eligibility and can direct you to the steps necessary for applying for assistance.

Family Resource Center locations http://www.sdcounty.ca.gov/hhsa/programs/ssp/food_stamps/family_resource_centers.html